Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Back into the swing of things.

Ok, so here is the deal.

I suffer from self doubt, especially in my work. It happens to all of us. For me it stems from the fact that when I take a photograph, and show it to the world, to me I am giving a piece of my heart.

My love of photography began when I could not deal with childhood depression. When I was in the 7th grade my wonderful teacher Mr. Markes taught us how to use a 35 mm camera and develop the film, and that's where the love affair began. Not with the teacher, with photography. What were you people thinking?

Anyways, I picked up a set of photography books at a garage sale for 50 cents, to me this was the most wonderful treasure I could find. Books about lighting, mood, photojournalism, color and technique.

I really found myself laying on the floor for hours listening to music and wondering off into new worlds looking at these books. I wanted to travel the world and make a difference with pictures, to show the world the beauty that lies all around us, that we never see. It was these pictures that saved me from myself, and I wanted to do the same for someone else.

I still from time to time lapse into a depressed state and am working very hard to stop myself from going into the deep spiral I found myself delving into when I was young. I refuse medication, ( personal reasons, I make no judgments on others choices in seeking help)

I have noticed that I have become very confused about myself, I have been able to admit to myself that I am indeed a walking grey area, I am not sure what I like about myself, or what I don't like about myself. I have no real opinions on most things and find myself agreeing with most people because I WANT TO SEE BOTH SIDES.

Well I have noticed that I have become confused with my photography as well......

To better sum this up for those I have confused ( sorry for the rant folks,  I am all over the place I know)

I need to tell peoples stories, I need to show the world why someone is beautiful,

It does not have to be the obvious beauty that magazines have thrown at us,
It can be they beauty of a single mom, a freckled face kid, a war hero, a cancer patient.

We need to hear their stories.

As of now, I am going to try my hardest to tell those stories and share it with you.

If anyone wants to share their stories let me know and we can talk.

Cheers.

Kinsey

No comments:

Post a Comment