Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Skin

So today I have been running around the house driving myself crazy with things like laundry, and trying to avoid the mass explosion of toys that have consumed my house.

When I clean I often slip into daydreaming which ranges anywhere from coming up with photography concepts to past events, or future dreams I wish to accomplish.

I was pondering a few photo shoot ideas, and am actually currently working on one idea that I have that celebrates people up close and natural.

I wish people would embrace certain attributes of their body, we are all victims of self body image issues.
Women want to be thin with all the "right " curves , glowing clear skin, no freckles or birthmarks and men want to be tall and muscular.

I have noticed that society has always been vain, no matter what genre you look at there is alway some form of vanity.

It pains me to see women with freckles have them airbrushed out of pictures or when they buy really thick makeup to cover them up.

I understand we are all different with our own views of beauty , which I can appreciate.

But I would much prefer to see people embrace the beauty they were given instead of cutting into their faces, cover their faces, air brushing etc etc.

If you can't find a way to be happy with who you are, you will never find happiness in general. Looking at magazines, and seeing a beautiful woman/man and being envious is silly, do you have any idea how many people it took to make that person look good? A LOT, do you have any idea how many shots the photographer had to take to make that person look good, A LOT, not to mention the perfect lighting, and the  editing that goes into each photograph.

No one is perfect, but we do have "flaws" that can be enchantingly beautiful , and I really wish that you can find that beauty withing yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment