Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hammers and Nails, and My Deck Building Fails.

So for the past two days, my husband has been building a handicap deck for his father so he can access our house easier, and now that his father is happily retired he will be coming over more often for visits and meals.

The second day of building the deck it was just him and I laying down the rest of the boards, this included cutting notches , making sure when got the boards tight , nailing the boards down and putting in screws.... Seems simple right????

HAHA, have we met, this is me we are talking about ! I am single handedly the most uncordinated woman in Centerville.

With that said, I would have toss extension cords to use the drill and Zack would toss them back at me so I could use the nail gun ( kind of fun to use, because it's loud and it makes the job go soooo much faster)

When Zack tossed the extension cord across the deck and towards me I had to take a step back to catch it. When I took the step back I put my foot in a hole that one of my lovely dogs decided to dig, trip, fall over the air compressor and just flat eat the ground.I would like to say that my flipping around the place looked cool in some way, but that would make me a liar, and well, I don't lie. It was the most akward, clumsy mess you ever did see, feet and hands flying every where and I didn't even catch the damn cord.

To top it off I dropped boards, fell , tripped and rolled my ankle more than once. It's pretty safe to say my dreams of being a contract worker are down the drain. 

Now with that said I had to carry 12 foor boards, way heavier than they look, picked one up ( barely it was more like an awkward grasp with me shaking yelling for help) So my husband teamed up and carried to boards to the garage . There were 10 boards to carry each board I somehow managed to find holes, and knots in the ground to trip over while holding the boards. I ran into the fence God knows how many times, then finally crashed in the garage into the riding lawn mower and scuffed myself, it was horrendous crash to be honest which lead to my husband dropping the board in a fit of laughter. 

Now keep in mind I managed to still hold onto this board all while falling ( don't ask me how my body does weird things) and he DROPS the board from laughing.

It's pretty safe to say.... I am SORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment